Thursday 13 June 2013

Postcard to Piggyfeather

Hello and welcome Nomad followers and friends.  I was speaking to my sister yesterday and she said she hadn't seen any Crafty Nomad for a few days.  I didn't realise that anyone I know in the real world was paying attention.  Better be careful what I say........  She asked was I busy in the garden or with the animals?  Yes, to both.   Although today we have been having some rain so in between showers I have been trying a catch up on the craft.  It hasn't been entirely successful as I haven't been applying my brain cell exclusively to creativity and hence the mojo isn't flowing as well as I had hoped.   What with popping out between showers and also hopping around between a couple of projects and ideas it quite honestly has been a bit of a slow process.  Finally though something to share.....


Over at My Mind's Eye blog there is a colour challenge, kind of green and black and pink and orangy red with stripes and icons and a few other ideas.  So I got out my 29th Street Market Peaceful Dreams Dream Lines/ Relaxing Red paper and Mischievous chipboard elements.  Now the chipboard elements are actually halloweeny ones but I thought they worked with both the colour scheme and the sentiment.  So my base card is the stripes side of the paper matted on to the reverse red side.  I distressed the edges of both layers and added some DI Walnut Stain to make them stand out a bit.  The central motif is one of the chipboard elements, aren't those owls cute!!, mounted on a piece of the same paper which I have cut with Cheery Lynn Spring Flower Burst Doily die.  The buttons and all the letters come from the chipboard elements pack as well.  I cut up a few of the chipboard sentiments to get to Above All Be True as I liked the mix of fonts, styles and colours.  I really hope that come October I won't need Happy Halloween, Trick or Treat or Lil'Spook!!!!  No, surely not......


So basically the whole card came out of one sheet of 12 x 12 and the chippies!  Great coordinating colours on the front and reverse sides of these sheets.   Nice weight and texture as well. 

Joining the fun at
My Minds Eye - June Challenge
Bunny Zoes Crafts - Wings
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Buttons
Country View Challenges - Die Cuts

I thought this might make an unconventional wedding card or a card for a couple.  What do you think??  Thanks for dropping by.  Have a great evening.  I hope the mojo is flowing for you........

3 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

I was laughing when you were sharing all the colors in that color challenge, Gail...you can't be serious?? But, serious or not, you have pulled it off with this great card! Well done, oh Busy Woman!!

Suzanne C said...

Sweet owly card! Love the stripey background and the mixed pattern buttons! Very fun lettering! Glad you joined us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Inkypinkycraft said...

a really sweet cardx
thanks for joining us at country view crafts challenge x Trace x