Saturday 31 August 2013

Raise Your Expectations

Good evening and welcome.  Just getting in a bit of midnight crafting.  Over at PaperArtsy Darcy has been wowing us with a vast array of projects.  Where does she find the ideas and the time?   Time is something I never seem to have enough of.  Anyway, I'm starting small with an idea inspired by this post  Do check out the denim journal Darcy makes.  I have been inspired by her tags.  It's been a while since I made a tag and it will be a bit longer because I decided on an ATC.  Ha ha...... 

I have used PaperArtsy metal card.  This is a layer of metal bonded onto card.  I have embossed metal sheets before but there is the danger of splitting the metal.  This metal card is a dream to work with.  I cut using my Sizzix ATC die and then embossed with Spellbinders Sea Beauty.  I coloured with PaperArtsy Inky Pool and then added Limelight to the ferny bits.  


The tape is my own made washi-style tape.  Check this post.  Another Darcy inspired make!  Then I stamped SM30 and coloured with Limelight and some yellow chalk.   

Joining the fun at
PaperArtsy
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes 

Thanks for dropping by.  Your comments warm my soul.  May inspiration strike you just when you need it.

4 comments:

Darcy Marshall said...

i had never been a fan of mirror/metal card before, but since trying the PA card I am a convert, it takes paint and ink so well. Love your ATC.

Sue said...

This is brilliant, I love your metal embossed background xx

PaperArtsy said...

Ohhh you've used little 'Archie' ..that what that bird is called...LOL self explanatory I guess..

Janet said...

Love your ATC, fab background
Janet