Wednesday 30 October 2013

Last Chance Cafe

Hello.  Welcome.  It's been a nice day today, even a bit of sun.  Lovely for this time of year.  I have been working on a birthday card this evening.  Actually there's a few things on the go but this one I have got finished.  There are a couple of birthdays coming up and I thought I'd use the recipe from Joan's Garden.  Red and brown, such great colours for this time of year.



I used MME 29th Street as my base card.  I layered with Creative Imaginations patterned paper and then embossed some kraft with Sizzix Happy Birthday embossing folder.  I used DI Barn Door on the embossed kraft and also on the edges of the layers than I distressed.  The birds were cut from DCWV Dots stack using Spellbinders Bird die.  A wobbly eye and a touch of brown ink around the edges to finish.  

My happy birdies are joining the fun at
Joan's Garden - red/kraft, bird, layers
Die Cut Divas - Animals and Autumn 
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Anything Goes 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes 

Thanks for dropping by.  Last chance to leave a little love for an extra chance at this candy.  Be quick, I'm picking some lucky winners tomorrow........

7 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Gail, what a cute card. Your "birdies" are so cute and your colors are so pretty.
Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Sylvia said...

Wonderful birthday card, great embossing and fabulous colours.

Sylv xx

Kay Wallace said...

This is a great card, Gail! Love the color combo (as you said, perfect for this time of year), and all those yummy layers and layers and layers! Well done!

Dawn T said...

delightful card. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas this month.

Lisa Carroll said...

This is beautiful! Great colors! :) Thanks for playing along over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Arlene said...

Wonderful Autumn colors and such a fun card.

Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Divas' October challenge.

Sandra said...

Lovely card! So bright and colorful! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra