Tuesday 31 December 2013

Starry Starry Night

Hello.  Welcome.   It's the last day of 2013.  Gosh, time to look back, time to look forward.  New opportunities, new chances, new ideas, new inspiration.  I hope that 2014 brings you all the good things.

Over at PaperArtsy Leandra is seeing the year out with a bang.  The projects are coming thick and fast.  The video tutorials are great and the techniques fabulous.  Pop over and check out Christmas Cracker #2 for more info on this technique.   

I coloured my texture paste with Pea Coat.  Uhhhh, no that's right, just Pea Coat.  I've used 4 shades of Pea Coat.  I didn't have grunge paste so I used modellers pasta which is grey and quite grainy but it is designed to be coloured with paints so that where I started.  I coloured a portion with a drop of Pea Coat, then another portion with two drops, then three, then more.  Very pleased with the difference in the shade with so little fresco finish paint.  Fab product. 


My canvas with my applied coloured texture paste.  I am still debating whether I am brave enough to add a wash and whether it should be paler or darker.  I textured using stamps from Eclectica 04, a palette knife and a damp paintbrush.  I had a bit of my final mix left so added some dots on one of the palest panels.  Just to see.  After all this is an adventure into the new.........


I stamped an image from LPC022.  This is a second generation image.  I liked the slightly faded look.  Fussy cut and added to my fab background.

Joining the fun at
PaperArtsy - Christmas Cracker Video #2 Abstract Canvas Prep
Loves Rubberstamps Challenge 83 - Holiday Blitz Anything Goes

Thanks for dropping by.  Hope you have a safe, happy New Year's Eve celebration. 

6 comments:

Trish said...

Clever use of one colours, and all the different shades! It's a beautiful effect

Etsuko said...

A Happy New Year!
Beautiful canvas and fab blue colours combo.
Paste technique is great.

Kay Wallace said...

This is just gorgeous, Gail! Love the many blue hues! Very artsy image you have chosen! Happy New Year, my friend!

Unknown said...

I love the textures you have used x

Hazel Agnew said...

This very Van Gogh. To me it shows a confidence that I haven't got. Different and fabulous. X

Craftyfield said...

Love the monochromatic look and the textures!