Sunday 12 January 2014

Girls Just Gotta Have Fun-un

Hello.  Welcome.  The mercury is below zero, the grass is crispy, the stars are bright and its feeling pretty chilly.  Maybe winter has arrived at last.  Me and the hens were out in the garden today.  Me clearing up.  Them making a mess.  Me clearing up their mess.  Sigh!!  But they had fun.  A girl has got to have some fun.  Me?  I'm crafting like a good 'un.  In wool socks.  Got to have warm tootsies to stay focused.  

It's a new year and I have been visiting some new places.  Found myself over at the Lawn Fawn blog where they are celebrating their 4th birthday.  What fun.  Now, I don't have many Lawn Fawn stamps but in the interest of joining in, and in deference to my resolution to use scraps and the stash I have improvised.....



Flushed with the success of my CAS stamped card earlier I had a stamping frenzy.  Not a perfect stamping frenzy, but I never said I was perfect!  I did actually re-do this and center the design but then there was too much white space under so this is the one I'm sticking with.  Wiggly lines and all.......  I used Lawn Fawn stamps from Sweet Christmas, Let it Snow and Happy Everything.  Distress inks Worn Lipstick, Salty Ocean and Dried Marigold.  The sweet little gingerbread lady was stamped using VersaMagic Jumbo Java and coloured with VersaMagic Gingerbread.  The natural choice!!  I used a white pen for the frilly details and mounted her on foam pads.  

My card joining the fun at
Lawnscaping Challenge 73 - Let's Party
Loves Rubberstamps Challenge 85 - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes

Thanks for taking the time to visit.  Keep warm, keep safe, be crafty......

10 comments:

NGCARDS said...

Such a sweet image and a wonderful card! Thanks for playing at PTW this week! xxx

Marcy said...

Adorable CAS card! The stamping looks fantastic. Thanks so much for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps!:)

LARELLE-SUSANNE said...

adorable, loved this super cute, Thanks so much for joining the Anything Goes Challenge at Loves Rubber Stamps, I hope to see more of your amazingly wonder projects in future events and challenges. Hugs Larelle-Susanne DT

Indah Permata Sari said...

So cute! Thanks for joining Loves Rubberstamps Challenge :)

Lydia said...

such a fabulous card xx thanks for joining us at Love Rubberstamps xx

Kay Wallace said...

Love all the "happy's" ending in a singe "birthday!" Simple but creative design, Gail! A winner in my book! Mwah!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Fun and cute BD card! LOVE your stamping design! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping! Hugs, Karin

Lynnette said...

Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping challenge. Your design is so clever, what a creative idea:)

Laurel Beard said...

So cute and happy and fun!!!!

Christiana said...

So sweet and fun! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!