Friday 7 February 2014

It's Like Buses.......

Hello.  Welcome.  It appears everyone is still having a lot of weather.  Hope you are staying warm and dry.  My crafting seems to be a bit sporadic this month.  The spirit is willing but the mind is occupied by 101 things I would/should/could have done.  I started a few things yesterday but spent way too much time looking at things you had done.  Such lovely projects out there in blogland.  Really must try and honor my wish to spend less time looking and more time doing.  It's so easy to get lost browsing around....  That makes me sound like a right moo.  Moo.   Anyway......

This is going to be a mulitipost.  That will save you and me some time.  I can waffle less and you can use one comment to cover a multitude of my sins.......    I'll try to say it in pictures.  

Last month I signed up to the Card Chain Challenge.  Send a card.  Get a card.  This is the card I sent to Greta in Oregon.  


I used a Prima stencil, DI Picked Raspberry and Dusty Concord, a bright pink ribbon and a piece of black glitter tape.  The 'person' is from Panduro's Rascals stamp set coloured with Wink of Stella, sharpies and glossy accent accents.  The friendship stamp is Crafty Individuals. 

There were 29 participants in January.  For the full reveal see here and to sign up for the fun this month see here.  Mr Postman has yet to deliver my card from Jo although she posted it ages ago.  I admit to giving in to temptation and checking out the reveal post and it's so cute!  With bunnies!!!!  Hope Mr Postman brings it soon.

I'm going to enter this card over at the brand new Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #1 - What's Your Style?.  I think this is me.  Simple, a little bit crazy, a little bit fun.  The most recent acquisition I used was the stencil, bought just before Christmas.  Everything else has been around for a while.  In the case of that pink ribbon, years!!  Maybe even into the decades!!!!  See, I knew I would use it one day..........


I've also got this single layer card for your edification.  I've used DI Dried Marigold, Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean and Worn Lipstick.  I'm still not so good blending these and even the spritz didn't seem to work the magic today.  I couldn't get a photo of just the background.  My photo apparatus refused to focus.  Critics!!  I've used Hero Arts Dandelion Frame and Asian Elements (the dragonfly).  The little Happy Birthday is a Stampingbella stamp.  I distressed the edges and used Dried Marigold which gave a nice orange lift.  

This card joining the fun at
A Blog Named Hero Challenge 37 - Flowers
Hero Arts Birthday Challenge - Rainbow
Loves Rubber Stamps Challenge 89 - Anything Goes
Stamping Sensations February Challenge - Wings, Fantasy and Fiction

Thanks for dropping by.  I'm in the mood so maybe I'll see you again later.  Take care

19 comments:

Sylvia said...

Love the two cards, great colours and sweet image on the first, fabulous one layer card.

Sylv xx

Gloria Stengel said...

Gail, this is amazing! I am in awe of the colors you got on the card! I am drooling! Thanks for joining us for our first challenge at Craft Hoarders Anonymous! I hope you come back and play often!!! (PS the first card you shared is super cute also!)

Gloria Stengel said...

Ok, I realize now that you are entering the FIRST card in Craft Hoarders. And here I am gushing over the 2nd card....which, yes is more my style. LOL I do like the cutie first card as well. Forgive me for not reading properly! Hugs!

Tammi said...

Your card is so cute! It made me smile!! Thanks for playing with us at Craft Hoarders!!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Oh, I love the card you created for the CHACB challenge! Your use of color and design is so inspiring! Thanks for playing along in the very first CHACB challenge! Hope you will come play again soon!

ionabunny said...

You can have them both Gloria. Thanks for all the lovely comments ladies

Unknown said...

What a fun card you created. Love the girl stamp and how you colored it. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

Amber Milone said...

Lovely card! I like the ink blending with the stencil you did on the bottom. Thanks for joining us over at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Glenda said...

I love both your cards! The first one is such fun and the second one has amazing colors. Well done on both! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous. Join us again soon!

Lynne K said...

I love that dandelion frame, and the background is gorgeous, such lovely colours! Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations this month.

Lynne

PaperDaisies said...

What a great selection of cards. Love each and every one. Thank you for joining us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

Anonymous said...

That's a fun card! I'm so excited that you joined us for the launch of Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog. I hope you come to play often! Ginny from Polly's Paper : )

Athina said...

These are both beautiful, but I just love the second one! I bet you had a ball creating this one! Love it! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

Jan Marie said...

Such diversity! From fun and funky, to sublime! Love them both! Thanks for joining us and sharing your style for our first challenge at Craft Hoarders Anonymous.

Pammejo said...

Fabulous cards, love the fun one, it is so cute but I am in awe of the second...just love the colors and the flowers....Thanks for joining us at our first challenge at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

brenda said...

Two lovely cards but I am really drawn to the lovely inky one with the dragonflies.

Thanks so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

creative lady said...

Cute card....thanks so much for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Francesca said...

lovely colours, thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations

Francesca x

Unknown said...

Fabulous stamping, thanks for joining in with us at Stamping Sensations this month. Maddy x