Thursday 20 March 2014

Cupcake Queen

Hello.  Welcome.  I'm having great fun playing with Double Cupcake Anya stamp from The Greeting Farm.  Actually this is one of those projects you finish and realise it's going to fit in everywhere.  It's going to be perfect for a friend who didn't get an card this year on her birthday because, quite honestly, I still don't know what happened to February.  As I was colouring this Anya I thought she would be perfect.


I coloured Anya with Promarkers and used VersaMagic Peach Pastel Chalk ink for her face.  I added Wink of Stella Clear to her boots, cupcake frosting and the butterfly, but her hair is also glittery so I must have put my fingers in it whilst still wet.  I tried some shading on her hair.  Quite adventurous for me.  I also used glossy accents on the butterfly because this really brings out the wink.  The panel behind her is corrugated card with gesso and Walnut Stain DI.  I cut it using X-cut Ornate Frame die.  The pink layer and the cupcake border are some un-named printed papers I have.  The photo corners and enamel dots came with my card from my February CCC buddy Linda.  Thanks Linda.  The sentiment is a Hero Arts stamp.  I added pink ric-rac ribbon to the bottom of the card and around the corrugated frame as well.  I used Walnut Stain and a patterned Fiskars brayer on the white base card to give a bit of interest. 

My card joining the fun at

Thanks for dropping by.  Your lovely comments are read and read again.  Hugs

15 comments:

Nikki said...

Sweet card with a pretty image. Thanks for playing along at Loves Rubberstamps.

Nikki

Marcy said...

Pretty card! I just got this sweet image and can't wait to color her up! Your background looks fantastic! Thanks for joining Loves Rubberstamps and FFF challenges this week! :)

Lezlye said...

What a cute card! Thanks so much for the comment over on my blog, I really appreciate it! Happy First Day of Spring!

Kay Wallace said...

Your image is just delightful, Gail, and you have definitely given her life and even personality with your colors! A busy card, but so full of fun. Indeed, it is just perfect for all these challenges! Way to go!

Lynsey said...

Hi this is a beautiful creation! Thanks for joining in with the Crafty Ribbons Challenge this week!
Hugs Lynsey x

Anonymous said...

this card is full of sweetness with the cute image and colourful cupcakes! i love all the texture and the dotted background. thank you so much for playing along with us this month at penny black and more.
linda

WeirdCat said...

Cute card, lovely design, I like the way you have framed Anya, thank you for joining us at I♥ProMarkers this week
Ruth x

Sylvia said...

Such a cute stamp, a very pretty card.

Sylv xx

Shanna Shands said...

Super sweet card. Thanks for playing with Loves Rubberstamps!

Athina said...

Cute design! I love the colors! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

brenda said...

A really gorgeous 'So Sweet' creation and perfect for our theme

Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Penny Black and More Challenge.

B x

Karen said...

Such a wonderful creation sweetie!

Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Ribbons for our challenge this week and good luck!

Hugs,
Karen.xx

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so super cute, I love the background framing with the corragated paper. Fabulous design. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Sweet! Such a yummy take on the sketch! Thanks for joining in the fun at YNS :>)

Unknown said...

Such a sweet, yummy card! Thank you for playing along with YNS' Fun Friday Challenge #10.
Ruza, YNS Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner