Friday 20 June 2014

Layers of Fun

Hello.  Welcome.  Thank you all for your visits and kind comments.  I am still feeling a bit pathetic from this nasty little virus but hope that normal service will resume shortly.  Really hoping.  It's very tiresome feeling under the weather, especially when the weather is so nice.  I did go a bit mad today and bought a few crafty must haves.  Now I feel the need to get a bit crafty so I have let myself be inspired by Joan's Touch where the challenge was to use a scenery stamp and diecut and layer the image.  At first I thought Joan had stamped the image multiple times but then I realised it was just the one image cut and layered.  Very nice effect.  My biggest challenge was a scenery stamp!  I found this fairy sitting under mushrooms and hope that it qualifies.  Mini scenery.......



I stamped the image using Mmemento Tuxedo Black and coloured with pencils.  Then I cut using Crafts-Too Frames 9 dies and layered using foam pads.  The base card was pre-embossed and I went over with the Tuxedo Black ink to highlight the embossed pattern.  The greeting is a Kort og Godt stamp and reads congratulations.  A quick fun technique.  Must have a look through some dusty boxes and see if I have some other suitable stamps.  

Joining the fun at
Joan's Touch Challenge #18
Bunny Zoe's Crafts June Challenge - Layers
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Anything Goes 

Thanks for your visit.  Your kind words are cherished and greatly appreciated.  Big hugs. 

3 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

gail, I love this. What a pretty image and doesn't it look different cut into layers. Great job and beautiful colors. Glad you enjoyed this challenge and thanks for joining us.
JOAN
www.joanstouch.com

Kay Wallace said...

I know you were on the mend, Gail, as you feel like creating. It's always a good sign. And, you have created a beautiful card today. I love the subtlety of both the color and the image. They are well paired.

Suzanne C said...

I hope you are all better! The card is lovely with the pretty scene and the sweet framing. Thanks for playing along in the Anything Goes Challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!