Saturday 7 June 2014

Patriotic Cupcakes

Hello.  Welcome.  I have made a little something for Cheery Lynn where the theme this week is red, white and blue.  I always think this is a very classy combo. 



I used a white card that came already embossed with flowers.  I tinted it with VersaMagic Aegean Sea chalk ink.  I cut Cheery Lynn Spring Flower Burst Doily from red card but left all the negatives in place.  I cut Cheery Lynn Small Tea Rose from blue card, use my ball tool on the back of the petals and layered two together.  I like this gives a totally different look flower.  I used Chery Lynn BAF #1 for the white center and then a red rhinestone.  I also added a wink of stella to the edges of the petals.  




I stamped The Greeting Farm Double Cupcake Anya and coloured with promarkers.  The sentiment is from PaperArtsy SIDD5 stamp set.  



My card joining the fun at


Big hugs and thanks for your visit. 

5 comments:

Karen said...

Fabulous card and design with gorgeous flowers around Double Cupcake Anya! I also love the bit of blue in the embossed background! Thanks for joining in the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge! Good luck!

Indah Permata Sari said...


What a lovely card! Thanks for joining Loves Rubberstamps Challenge :)

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Gail your card is so pretty and I love the pop of color that the red doily and blue flowers gives it! Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge this week at Cheery Lynn Designs. Best wishes!

Marcy said...

Super cute card and I love Anya in the light blue hair! Thanks so much for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps! :)

Kay Wallace said...

Fabulous color combo for the USA, so one I like a lot and always think of as patriotic! This is just darling and very well done, Gail!