Sunday 26 October 2014

Brights Just Make Me Happy

Hello.  Welcome.  It's been a while since I joined in at PaperArtsy.  Even though there have been loads of post I think, ooh, that's great, must try that.  It seems the time is just slipping away.  So tonight I decided to sit down and find one I really liked and get my version out there!!  So, I found 4 post that just floated my boat, so I stopped looking, and finally decided it had to be Helen's Portfolio Experiments because she used my most favorite stamp from PaperArtsy LPC022.   Not that I have any portfolio's LOL......



I started by stamping Modern Girl from LPC022.  From the left; a bad impression with some trial colouring, two coloured differently with Galaxy Markers, a second generation stamp. 



After embossing my card with Sizzix Cracked embossing folder I coloured with Mustard Seed, Picked Raspberry and Salty Ocean distress inks.  Someone got all excited and forgot to change foam between the pink and the blue so that's why the Salty Ocean looks a bit muddy instead of bright!! 



I die cut the leaf and coloured with the blue galaxy marker.  I didn't have a flower stamp so I thought, how difficult can it be to draw a flower??  Arrrgggggg, very.....   So I sketched a few more lines in and miraculously it looked better!!  Galaxy marker colouring and some black line details to finish.



Joining the fun at
PaperArtsy

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks for dropping by.  Hope you have had a wonderful weekend.  Hugz

8 comments:

Craftyfield said...

I like the colourful embossed background on your version of this project. The flower looks fine too. Off to investigate the Galaxy markers...

Kay Wallace said...

We are at opposite ends of the color spectrum, Gail, as you love the brights and I lover the more subdued, yet I can really appreciate your work today! Yes, I love your "mini portfolio" of images in your first photo! Have a great week, my friend!

Art By Wanda said...

Beautiful!!!!

Becca Cruger said...

So bright and cheerful! Great vibrant colors!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful work of art! Love the burst of color! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Lucy Edmondson said...

This looks amazing, Gail!

Lucy x

Etsuko said...

Beautiful bright colours piece Gail! Fabulous background texture and flower looks pretty. I love the Lynne Perrella's your image too xx

Sylvia said...

Just catching up on what you have been up to while I have a spare moment. wonderful card, gorgeous background embossing and colour and the image is fabulous.

Sylv xx