Saturday 11 October 2014

Patchwork Wood

Hello.  Welcome.  Another grey rainy day.   I quite like Autumn but prefer my leaves crisp instead of soggy, and my skies blue instead of grey.  They have promised us a little sun tomorrow so here's hoping.......  Over at Pinkfresh Studio Jennifer shared some lovely cards for WCMD last week and asked us to join the fun and CASE one of them.  I loved her wood triangles card so here's my take


I've had some sheets of wood effect paper for ever so I cut them into strips and stuck them on a sheet of paper.  Then I cut that into strips and stuck them on another sheet of paper.  Then I cut out my panel, layered it on some bronze paper and then stuck it to a brown card base.  The sentiment is from Prima Sunshine set stamped on kraft and I added some holographic stars, cos I am right out of sequins LOL

Joining the fun at
Pinkfresh Studio WCMD Challenge
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes 
Loves Rubberstamps Challenge 121 - Anything Goes 

Thanks for your visit.  Off to make something else with faux wood.  Hugz

6 comments:

2amscrapper said...

this is quite a clever idea!

Sylvia said...

An unusual card, love the use of the wood effect papers. Lovely sentiment, we all need some sunshine sent our way now the dull dark weather has arrived.

Sylv xx

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

this is so fabulous. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

PaperDaisies said...

Love the patchwork. Such a great card design. Thank you for joining us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

Becca Cruger said...

Wow! This card is SO graphically cool! The way you've pieced the panels together creates a really neat effect.

Jingle said...

Very cute card!