Tuesday 9 December 2014

Problems with word verification

Hello.  Welcome.  Word verification has popped up on my and many other peoples comment fields.  I am unable to get rid of it but I have discovered you can JUST IGNORE IT.  If you just write your comment and hit publish it works.  Unless of course the blog actually has it turned on LOL. Spread the word everyone and hope that blogger sorts it out. I have sent them feedback on this. Please take the time to do this as well if you are affected. Maybe they don't know!!!

Here endeth this public service announcement

UPDATE:  to get rid of that word verification field go to settings, comment location and select embedded from the drop down menu.  Hurrah, it's gone.  Thanks Brenda  Hugz

1 comment:

Kay Wallace said...

I know that enabling word verification, you can eliminate spammers, but, still, I find it so annoying. I write my comment and think I am done, but, WAIT! I am not done! Grrrrrr! It's an extra step on my part to do content moderation, but better for me to do it than my visitors! I, too, did notice that it seems to be hitting most of those blogs I follow. Glad you got it sorted out, Gail!