Wednesday 21 January 2015

Silver Lady

Hello.  Welcome.  Over at PaperArtsy the theme for the next few weeks is shiny stuff.  Now I love working with metal foil.  It gives such stunning results.  I admit to getting frustrated when it gets marked and it is a major challenge to photograph, but generally I love it.  I was taken with Keren's post where she starts by making a card with painted metal.  Whilst waiting for paint to dry I looked at her second card.  Love the stamped image and stitch detail and came up with this......


I cut the metal using Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle die.  I don't have stazon so I stamped Winter Wonderland Plate 6 using versamark and embossed with black embossing powder.  I used a paint brush around the edges to soften the lines before I heated the powder.  I was going to add some more stitch detail like Keren did but decided it didn't need.  I mounted on a green pearlescent card base and added three wood stars.  

Joining the fun at
PaperArtsy

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

16 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

She's so glittery and glam. LOOOove that painted metal look. It really classes up the whole design.

massofhair said...

Love Keren's metal work piece, she is quite an inspiration to me and can see why you were so inspired too. FANTASTIC card, love the stitching very much :-) xxx

Rosie said...

Wow, what a beauty

Pamellia said...

Beautiful Gail, love the black on the shiny gold background! hugs :)

Lynne Mizera said...

Gail This is FANTASTIC! I have a STASH of metal that I have not used so now I will just HAVE to pull it out and plaaaay! I have been terrible lately at leaving comments (soooo sorry!) but I will try harder this month (grin). I Read EVERY SINGLE POST you do and love them all!!

Kay Wallace said...

One word, STUNNING!

Etsuko said...

She is beautiful and great stamping. xx

Hazel Agnew said...

Beautiful. Great idea to stamp and then heat emboss for stability! X

Sarah B said...

Very classy looking - love it xx

Sherry said...

Love what you did, it's great! x

Diana Taylor said...

Fabulous - I love that wonderful glam 50's feel!

Craftyfield said...

The stamping looks really good. With Archival the stamp has a tendency to slip and blur the design, should have thought of Versamark! And you were right to keep it simple, the image shines out!

~*~Patty S said...

WOW embossing on metal...
This turned out beautifully and photographed so well too!
oxo

Trish said...

Shiny and beautiful!

Unknown said...

Fits the challenge perfectly and you have done such a wonderful job of it, what a brilliant project. Its great!

PaperArtsy said...

Ohh the soft edges look amazing too, what a great idea embossing the VF! Look fab!