Sunday 19 April 2015

Soap On A Rope

Hello.  Welcome.  I have been wanting to join in with the Arty Inklings challenge but despite a little extention to the deadline I am still managing to post on the wire.  That's me folks!!  The challenge is to create something from nothing, keep it small and use what comes to hand.  



So this corrugated kraft box was to hand.  I think there was a bar of soap in it but it's also the perfect size for ATC's so I figured I'd get around to doing something with it one day.  Today is that day....


I added Wild Honey distress to the corrugations and some lace that was lying on the desk


I added a flower I had stamped the other day and cut out but not used.  STAMPlorations Bloom sketches coloured with Mustard Seed distress.  I stuck it on selectively so that I can still use the closure behind. 


Then I went digging through my chuck dish.  That's a dish where I chuck things I have made and not used.  Found these cute little shrink plastic bugs and also a shrink plastic cat button I had made.  Now isn't he just adorable!!  Had to add him to the flower.  Oops, forgot to give him a bow.  Will see to that shortly.  The sentiment, also from the bloom sketches set, is stamped on a piece of acetate.   I think the cat and the bugs are Anita's stamps.   Must make me some more of those cat buttons.  Too cute!!

Joining the fun at
Arty Inklings Spring Challenge
Country View April Challenge - Use Kraft Card 
Unruly Paperarts RAQ - Animal Instincts 
The Artistic Stamper Creative Team Challenge - Flora and Fauna 
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - In The Middle 
That Craft Place Challenge - Alter Something 

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it!! Thanks so much for joining in xx

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Brilliant make Gail, love this idea of Soap box ..beautiful decoration.
Thanks so much for joining us at Unruly paper Arts and Artistic stamper this month.

Lizzy Hill said...

Well, I think this deserves HUGE accolades--- it's so original & looks gorgeous & sweet & fun!!!!!

Anonymous said...

So wonderful!!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

Shawna said...

This is so pretty and very original!! Love the design and colors!!

Darnell said...

Some people make cards, some even make them well. Then there are some people like you Gail who can make great cards AND take an empty soap box, for Pete's sake, and make the dagnabbit cutest ATC safekeeper I could ever hope to see! We call those people artists!! WOW! Hugs, Darnell