Thursday 30 April 2015

The Man In The Mirror Is Never The Same

Hello.  Welcome.  The end of another month is nigh. Where does the time go??  Spring is a busy time here.  It has arrived, but these cold nights give more to do trying to make sure young plants are safe from frost.  Will be very glad when it warms up a bit more.   I was checking out the Waffle Flower challenge and was really struck by the framed mirror in the inspiration photo.  


Then I found THIS lovely card by Vicki and a card was born.  


I started by cutting some silver mirror card and some gold embossed card with a fancy die.  I stamped the kingfisher from Stamplorations Small Birds set and coloured with brusho's. 


I cut a card base using stitched rectangle die and sploshed a bit of Ripe Persimmon around.  I added a layer of yellow printed fabric and the mirror.  The bird is mounted on some foam pads.  The sentiment is also a Stamplorations stamp.  


My mirror works!!  Sort of!!!  I had stamped the bird of MME patterned card which is double sided.  To reverse my image I stamped on tissue and then stuck that to the back of the bird. 


I decided not to colour the bird on the back.  After all, things never look the same in the mirror do they??  He looks a bit ghostly actually.  Maybe he from the other side.   Bwahahahaahahahaha


Joining the fun at
Waffle Flower Challenge - Photo Inspiration 
STAMPlorations CASEplorations April
STAMPlorations - Anything Goes Challenge
Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday April 2015

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

5 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Oh wow, that is soooo cool! And just hopping by to tell you you are one of the winners over at STAMPlorations! Congrats!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh how fun! Thanks for letting me know you CASE'd me! Fun card - the mirror is perfect for a bird :) He has company~

Kay Wallace said...

This is absolutely one-of-a-kind art, Gail! You took a great idea and made it even better.

maria f. said...

So artsy and so cool with the reflection!!! Love this and thanks for joining us at CASEplorations.

Shelly said...

The is awesome! Thanks for joining us at the Waffle Flower Challenge!