Thursday 11 June 2015

Chick Chick Chicken

Hello.  Welcome.  Say awwwwww



How cute are they!!  There is actually a black chick in the middle but he doesn't show up so well.  Still not sure how many chicks I have.   I've seen 4, but hoping for more.  Maybe mother hen will let them out to play tomorrow.  

And then there's this lovely bird



I CASEd Shirley's lovely card using Stamplorations large Hooded Oriole and a stamp from the grunge mixed media set to make the splats.  Wasn't feeling up to splatting tonight.  The tape is from IKEA and I coloured my bird with Dylusions ink.  

Joining the fun at
Stamplorations June Inspiration Case Playground
Stamplorations June Challenge - Stamps and Washi Tape 
Stamplorations Anything Goes Challenge 
Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday May 2015

Thanks for your visit.  Hugz

10 comments:

Shery Russ said...

What? Not up to splatting?!? But, but...okay, I understand. I wasn't up to splatting on a card I did recently either ;o) Cool CASE of Shirley's card! And chicks! I remember we had a couple of stray chickens show up on our property 8 years ago and then after a few weeks, eggs started turning up all over the place -- on the porch, under the steps, in pots, on top of our pole barn...but they never turned into chicks 'cause the chicken moms were always gone.

Lizzy Hill said...

Too much worry with the chickies to splat, eh???!!! THey look sooo darn cuuuuuute.....they look so old when they're so young....so cuddly and soft ooooooh! I miss living on a farm at times like this! But only a little bit of missing it!! AND your card is very 'timely'!!!!!

ionabunny said...

No worries with these cuties. Mummy bird has it all under control. Hugz

Kay Wallace said...

The "Shirley" link took me to a beautiful flower card, but was finally able to locate your inspiration. Both are beautiful, but I love the color you chose! So bright and cheerful. Celebrating, possibly, the birth of your chicks! They are absolutely a-dor-able, Gail!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Hi Gail, you have chicken??? I would love to have some, too!!!!! Great Oriole - such a stunning bird! Thanks for playing with us at STAMPlorations!

Monika Reeck said...

I think I order from Shery too thie Oriole
and you made sooo beautiful bird card Gail
I must CASE ing this
cool idea using IKEA Tape
I love the color combo too
great take on Shery card
hugs, Monika

shirley-bee said...

Awwwwww!
Those chicks are sooo cute :) Fab case of my card, I love the dramatic colour scheme.

Becca Cruger said...

This is so vibrant and stunning!! I love the broken off pieces of washi too. Your chicks are downright adorable!

maria f. said...

Have to repeat Shirley's adjective... What a dramatic CASE of her card. Cool. Great to see this at CASEplorations.

Sari / Granne said...

Fabulously striking colours, absolutely stunning, love it. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations™ June 2015 Challenge: STAMPS & WASHI, hope to see you in July too.