Sunday 24 January 2016

Something To Keep The Snow Off

Hello.  Welcome.  Well, who'd have thought.  Two days ago it's -12°C.  Today it's 6°C and they are saying tomorrow it might be 11°C!!  Double figures!  That's summer temperatures ROFL.  I can't keep up!!   Chickens glad though.  Snow is cold on the feet.  I put out some warm water for them to drink, cos it doesn't freeze so fast, and caught one of my hens standing in it!!  Foot bath.  And the snow is gone again.  Ah well.......


I raided the scrap box for some strips of blue and stuck them on a white card base.  I embossed with Cuttlebug Snowflake embossing folder.  Then I stamped, coloured and fussy cut Mark's Finest Papers Nutcracker stamp.  The sentiment is a Rubber Dance stamp from the Winter Wonderland set embossed with blue powder.  

Blue snow.  Cool.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
MFP Stamps Challenge 4 - Blue
The Craft Barn Weekly Challenge - Hats
Papirplaneten Utfordring 2 - Blatt og Hvitt 
Hjerteboden Januar Utfordring - Bruk Snøkrystaller 
Rediscover How To Play 2016 Jan Week 3  

11 comments:

Jane said...

Wow, you've certainly had fun with this Challenge! Hope it's warmer for the hens now!! Thank you for entering The Craft Barn Weekly Challenge.
Jane x

Bente Årstad said...

Kult kort og takk for at du er med på utfordringen hos Papirplaneten,
Bente:)

Kay Wallace said...

The nutcracker was a recent theme on a challenge blog that I haunt and it ended up being quite fun, although my nutcracker was not nearly as regal as yours with all those winter blue tones. Makes a great card, Gail. And, oh, my! Your poor chickens. I didn't know that the cold and show bothers their feet. You have a very resourceful hen there! lol

Lynne Mizera said...

I just love what you did with the background on this card - great use of scraps!

Plush Possum Studio said...

Nice background treatment!

Janis said...

Hilarious about your hen standing in the warm water!!! Mine just stay in their henhouse and huddle together. Sometimes our winters are so cold (and I'm sure yours are, too!) that their combs get frostbite and partially fall off. Poor little gals. That has only happened a few times, though....for my chickens, at least. But it's pretty common for them to get a little bit of frostbite around here if we have an extended cold snap. This winter has been very temperate so far, so we are liking that a lot.

Really like your layered embossed background with your fabulous nutcracker. That technique is one of my favorite things to do with scraps. Always looks tailored and finished. I already have this week's stamp set, so I am not entering the MFP challenge. Not that it would make any difference....no matter how many entries I make, I don't get drawn. Haven't won there since June!!! lol... Whatever! :)
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

scrappymo! said...

This is so cute. My daughter and my grandson LOVE Nutcrackers. I am looking for Nutcracker idea.
Well done!

Stampsnob. said...

Hi Gail, this is lovely the embossed blue is beautiful TFS MFPstampshop.com...........Lis DT

maggie said...

You have been busy with this challenge and I love all your entries especially the cute owls in their snug hats.

Annelen said...

Stilig kort, likte godt bakgrunnen. Tusen takk for at du deltar i papirplaneten sin utfordring. Klem Annelen

kReN said...

Who can resist stripes,Gail. Not me. TFS at the MFPSS blog challenge this week. kReN, DT