Monday 4 July 2016

Better Engineering

Hello.  Welcome.  I wanted to have another go at the Craft Barn's challenge of dog under the sea.  I wasn't totally happy with the previous submarine design so I had a word with the engineers, found another dog test pilot and here we go.....



I decided on a yellow submarine.  I have been fascinated by the paper piecing going on over at PaperArtsy.  I particularly liked Keren's post where she cut her patterned pieces into hexagons.  I didn't have hexagons so I used Spellbinders Square Swatch dies to cut my pieces.  I selected 3 shades of yellow and embossed them with Sizzix riveted plate embossing folder.  I cut with the Spellbinders die and pieced them back together.  I stamped ODBD Rex and fussy cut him.  I paper pieced the background behind him and added a gold die cut port hole.  I added some coral type die cuts and stamped Dylusions fish on patterned paper.  I fussy cut them and added a tiny die cut hot pink heart to each of them as lips.

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at 
PaperArtsy - Paper Piecing
The Craft Barn - Dog Under The Sea

3 comments:

Etsuko said...

Fabulous and lovely idea. xx

Sarah B said...

very effective - love the little fish xx

maggie said...

Lots of patience required to make this great challenge entry.