Thursday 25 August 2016

Getting Organised

Hello.  Welcome.  The craft room tidy continues and I may soon be in a position to invite some friends in to craft with me.  My desks have been buried for some time now and it's lovely to have a bit of clear space.  I am really trying to tidy up between one project and the next.  So, in the interest of being organised I decided to have a go at the other tutorial at MFP, Window Tent Card.  



What a cutie!!  I used MME double sided paper.  I cut my aperture with Crafts Too Frames 9 dies.  I decided to return the cut scalloped square to the back of the card, but there was a bit of a pattern clash, so I inked all the edges in black to give a bit of distance.  I used MFP Holiday Tags set for my little santa and the sentiment is from MFP Nutcracker set.  I was going to mount the sentiment on the outside and then thought it would be fun to add it to the mountain fold inside the card.  Gives great dimension.  

Thanks for dropping by.  I'm off to water the tomatoes.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
MFP August Blog Hop Tutorials
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - It's Hip to be Square
Lost Coast Portal to Creativity - Hip 2 Be Square
Rudolph Days Challenge
Hjerteboden Juli/August - Alt Er Lov 

15 comments:

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Another cute card!! I love your paper choices and your image is colored great!! Adorable! Thanks for sharing with us at MFP August Blog Hop!
Hugs

Vickie Y said...

Adorable! Thank you for sharing with at at the MFP August Blog Hop.

Gloria said...

I agree the Santa is cutie! I didn't know about window tent card , it is awesome!!!
Love your design! Thank you so much for joining us at the Rudolph days challenge this month! xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love the dimension that you've got on this wonderful card and the gorgeous Santa too.

Sue xx

Kay Wallace said...

All my craft supplies are once again packed away for yet another move!I remember having crafty friends over to get inky, but those days are now gone. Enjoy them while you may!

Now, as regards your crafty project today...you have forced me to think about Christmas, which I generally do not do until after the Thanksgiving dishes are washed, dried and put away. But, I must admit, Gail, I do love your Santa!! I also think very creative your use of the black edging here. You go, Girl!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such a cutie Santa love how he is peeking from the window of your card
Thank you so much for joining us at the Rudolph day Challenge!
Rudolph Days Challenge DT
Dr Sonia

Ravengirl said...

Nice! I do love how you placed your sentiment inside. I think it really does add to the dimension of the card!

Donna said...

What a holly jolly fun card! Love your smiling Santa and his glittery cap. Great Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at the Rudolph Days Christmas challenge.

Kathleen said...

Fabulous Father Christmas and great papers, lovely card.

Kath x

Lizzy Hill said...

It has got really great dimension....OH!I WISH I could get motivated to start making more Christmas cards....!!!

scrappymo! said...

Your tent fold card is fab. I like that you were able to use the cast off portion of the aperture for the inside of the card. Inking the edges was a great idea.
Thanks for taking part in the Aug Rudolph days Challenge.

AlisonC said...

Really great cute card. The black inking is a clever idea a looks very good.

Mandy said...

Fabulous card Gail! Santa is super cute and the design is wonderful.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Such a cutie! Good luck with your studio tidy up, I've been trying to do mine for like a year but I keep making more creative clutter on top of the remains of like 20 projects EEEEK....need to knuckle down for sure! Thx for playing with us at Lost Coast Portal to Creativity!

Sari / Granne said...

What a fun card full of X-mas feeling. Thank you for playing with us at Lost Coast, hope to see you again soon.