Monday 24 October 2016

E is for Elixir

Click here for the November CCC Sign Up
Click here for the September CCC Reveal


Hello.  Welcome.  Bwahahahahahaha.  So, 26 letters in the alphabet.  52 cards in a deck of cards.  Advanced maths...... 52 / 26 = 2  So I need 2 playing cards for each letter.  Well, I knew that, and I started quite well, but then it went down to just 1 for each letter and now there's only 6 letters left and I really need to make up some ground.  If you aren't really with me I'm talking about the Craft Barn Alpha/Dictionary challenge.  So here is my second E.  



Ain't that the cutest little werewolf you ever did see??  And he got a big bottle of werewolf elixir.  Had great fun making this.  I made a brusho background and covered my giant playing card.  I cut my bottle from blue card and covered it with clear embossing powder.  I made the label by following the MFP faux leather tutorial.  Not sure it looks very leathery!  First attempt.  Will try again.  Before embossing with the embossing folder I stamped with stamps from Inspired by Stamping Halloween Labels and Halloween Tags.  I combined two sentiment stamps from the two sets to get the sentiment and then used the small stamps to add the spiders, webs and bats.  The werewolf is paper pieced from Cheery Lynn Monster Kids Set 1.  I used Inspired by Stamping Pumpkin Faces stamps for the werewolf's eyes and also for the shrink plastic pumpkin tied around the bottle neck.  Definition courtesy of OED.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
The Craft Barn Weekly Challenge - Pumpkin and Bats
Lost Coast Portal to Creativity - Scary or Weird 
Cards Und More Challenge #5 - AG 
Scrapy Land Challenge 52 - Halloween
MFP Stamps Challenge 43 - Faux Leather Tutorial 
Inspired by Stamping Customer Gallery

9 comments:

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Excellent example of Faux Leather! Cute card! Thanks for trying our tutorials at MFP Stamps Challenge!!
Hugs

Dotty Jo said...

Brilliant! Jo x

Joanna M - Inspired by Stamping said...

Absolutely LOVE! Thank you for sharing this with us. Hugs, Joanna

Vickie Y said...

Cute card and great background! Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Stamps Challenge.

Samra said...

Super cute!
Thank you for joining Scrapy Land Challenge.
Samra DT
Paper Talk with Samra

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

LOL...well, it's a bit late in the evening for "advanced math" for me so I'm not even going to try and follow what you just said and take your word for it heheheh! FaBOOlous playing card! Thx for joining in on our Halloween celebrations over at Lost Coast Portal to Creativity, Happy Halloween!

Nikki W said...

Love the little wereworlf. A fun make :) Thanks for joining us at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity :)

Nancy said...

You've created such a scary cute card!
Thanks so much for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Cards and More Shop! :o)

Kotolifestyle said...

Cute card.Thank you for playing with us at Cards Und More Shopblog.