Thursday 1 March 2018

Sun, Moon and Stars

Hello.  Welcome.  Wow, March.  Coming in like a very fluffy polar bear!!  It's warmed up a bit today to a toasty -7°C!  That's 19F to my American friends.  But the sky is blue and the sun is shining and I hope spring will spring soon.  Undoubtedly there are new challenges all over the blogosphere, but I am starting the month with Rubber Dance.  I made a very whimsical happy new house card.


I have a friend who has just moved, so I thought this would be a nice card for them, and I used the challenge theme of circles and the very very yummy colours of Lavender, Grey and Black.  Check out the inspiration photo......



Squueeeeee!!  Too cute.  


 I started with a black card base and the linked circle stamp from Rubber Dance Round in Circles set.  I stamped, stamped, stamped and embossed with black powder for a tone on tone effect.  Then I hit the scraps box.


A scrap of grey pearlised card, a piece of purple that had previously been stamped and embossed with Rubber Dance Milky Way stamp and a scrap of white.  I stamped the tree and fence from Rubber Dance Whimsical Summer on their respective scraps and fussy cut.  I gave the fence a wash of Tea Dye distress, mainly so I could see where to fussy cut LOL.  The white on white wasn't such a good contrast as the black on black.  I used the two coffee stain stamps from Round in Circles with masks to make my boulder-like foreground, fussy cutting the top edge.


I stamped, embossed and coloured the house and found a scrap of gold mirror card and stamped the moon and sun.  These are also from the Whimsical Summer set.  I couldn't decide!!  The dark background looks like night, so use the moon.  But I wanted to wish my friend sunshine, so use the sun.  I solved the dilemma by giving her the sun, moon and star!   But the garden is still looking a bit inhospitable!!!!


Ahh, flowery hill from Whimsical Summer to the rescue.  Stamped on a scrap of old packaging.  I used my white gel pen and gold pilot marker to colour the flowers.  
Happy New House!!!

Thanks for dropping by.  Hope to see you in the Rubber Dance challenge linky.  It's going to be a stunning gallery this month!  Don't forget to hop over and check out the rest of the inspiration from the team and if you are shopping at Rubber Dance you can get free worldwide shipping with my code GTFreeShip when you spend over €15!  Hugz

My jolly little garden will be joining the fun at

7 comments:

Sue said...

I love this Gail, and it was great to see how it was made. Have a very happy March, Sue xx

Macarena said...

This is so cool! I love the night sky a lot! Great idea of embossing all those circles! Thank you for joining us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Mandy said...

Wonderful card Gail! The scene you've created is super cute.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Elin said...

Thank you for sharing your card with us @ Scrappelyst :)

Wenche said...

Lovely card with exciting effects. Thank you for joining Scrappelyst.

Hege said...

Så koselig "Nytt hjem kort".
Tusen takk for at du deltar hos Scrappelyst.

Hege.

Leslie said...

Gorgeous project - I love your attention to detail! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Love To Scrap Challenge Blog's March "Anything Goes" challenge! Sorry for the late comment - my husband became critically ill five weeks ago and I haven't had much spare time.
Hugs,
Leslie, LTSCB DT
Love To Scrap 2
Love To Scrap!